Position Description & Responsibilities: As an experienced Mainframe Cobol developer, one should understand Banking industry domain and have hands on experience of working as developer for small & medium size projects. One should be good in problem solving, communication, interacting with various stakeholders from IT and LOB.
- Create general system design
- Create technical specifications, clearly defining the programming effort required for new and changed programs, and interfaces to existing products.
- Provide estimates for the programming effort defined in the technical specifications.
- Identify potential roadblocks, risks and develop around them.
- Develop code that matches the specification, is maintainable and defect free.
- Complete project deliveries within time estimates.
- Work with offshore counterpart and team members, review their deliverables and help them delivering.
- Mentor other Developers, Support or Quality Assurance in understanding product architecture, new functionality, and in identifying strategies for problem resolution.
- Provide L2/L3 production support
*United IT Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.